Napier Park Funerals (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy by handling all Personal Information securely and with care in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (the APPs) as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act).
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information in any information or an opinion about you that identifies you or that could reasonably identify you. This could include information such as your name, contact details, birthdate etc.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Personal Information that you supply to us enables us to provide services to you.
The kind of Personal Information we collect and hold depends on the type of services you ask us to provide to you and may include your name, mailing and email address, telephone number and contact preference.
HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION
During the course of providing our services to you we will collect Personal Information from you by asking you verbally for that information or asking to you complete forms or documents necessary to enable us to provide you with the goods and services you have requested from us.
These forms and documents might include things like contracts, insurance and/or bond documentation, Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act forms, and any other form or document reasonably associated with the services we provide.
Any Personal Information we collect in hard copy is stored in our secure business premises. Personal Information that we hold electronically is stored on our servers, in our secure business premises.
THIRD PARTY PERSONAL INFORMATION
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, hold, use or disclose your Personal Information for a number of purposes including:
- to provide services to you,
- internal record keeping,
- to personalise any correspondence we may have with you,
- to improve our website content (we are constantly trying to improve our website experience and therefore any feedback you may provide could be used to achieve this goal),
- to complete documentation to register a death,
- to publish various notices including funeral, death and bereavement notices,
- to provide information to third parties you have authorised us to engage (for example florists, photographers etc),
- to provide information to authorized third parties providing company information management services,
- to disclose information required by law, regulation or court order,
- to send periodic correspondence (electronically or by post) which may contain updates on our business,
- to invite you to events, such as our Remembrance Services,
- to communicate with you regarding content posted by you on our website
We will not use your Personal Information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons (as permitted under the Act).
Whilst we will not directly disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients without your consent, the entities to which we may disclose your Personal Information may do so. We are unable to say what countries, if any, those recipients are likely to be located in.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring your Personal Information is secure. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of your Personal Information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect.
All Personal Information we no longer require will be destroyed or permanently de-identified, however, information will be retained for as long as the law requires.
Despite our reasonable efforts, we cannot guarantee that the security of your Personal Information will not be breached, therefore, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability any responsibility for any damage you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alteration of any information we collect.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD
Please contact our General Manager to access any Personal Information we hold about you.
HOW TO CHANGE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact our General Manager if you believe your Personal Information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete. We can then take reasonable steps to correct this information.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your Personal Information we invite you to provide written details of your complaint to our General Manager.
Our General Manager will contact you within 14 days of the date we receive the written details of your complaint to acknowledge that we have received it. Our General Manager will then:
– review of the way we dealt with your Personal Information;
– conduct an internal investigation (if necessary) into how your Personal Information came to be handled in the way that it was; and
– provide a report to you within one month of the date we acknowledged receipt of your complaint.
– If you believe we have breached the APPs you may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Attention: The General Manager
Napier Park Funerals